All pupils study Maths throughout their time at Hull Trinity House Academy. During years 7, 8 and 9 they have four lessons per week and in years 10 and 11 they have five lessons.
Mr M. Thomas
|Subject Leader of Maths|
Mrs V. Boughen
Mr T. Kelsey
|Maths Teacher House Leader of Harrison House|
Mr T. Rennard
Mr J. Thrussell
Key Stage 3
During years 7 and 8, we follow a differentiated scheme of work which covers all areas of the maths curriculum and focusses on preparing the pupils to have all the necessary basic skills to start the GCSE.
Key Stage 4
We start the GCSE syllabus in year 9 and follow a 3 year scheme of work. The work for GCSE is supported by the use of new Pearson’s textbooks and is separated in to Higher and Foundation courses.
All exams in Maths take place in June of year 11 and we are currently working towards the Edexcel GCSE for all year groups. From the first exams in 2017, Maths GCSEs will be graded using the new 1-9 grading system.
Alongside the usual curriculum, the Maths Department also runs after school enrichment classes for selected high achieving pupils in a Further Maths GCSE course and regularly enter pupils for UK Maths Challenge competitions and team challenges.
Detailed Course Outlines with enrichment activities can be downloaded below:
- Maths Year 7 Stage 6 Course Outline.pdf (327 KB)
- Maths Year 7 Stage 7 Course Outline.pdf (327 KB)
- Maths Year 8 Stage 7 Course Outline.pdf (329 KB)
- Maths Year 8 Stage 8 Course Outline.pdf (323 KB)
- Maths Year 9 Foundation Course Outline.pdf (389 KB)
- Maths Year 9 Higher Course Outline.pdf (468 KB)
- Maths Year 10 Foundation Course Outline.pdf (394 KB)
- Maths Year 10 Higher Course Outline.pdf (497 KB)
- Maths Year 11 Foundation Course Outline.pdf (306 KB)
- Maths Year 11 Higher Course Outline.pdf (304 KB)