Cookery is one area within Design and Technology in Key Stage 3. In Cookery pupils learn how to cook and how to make informed decisions about diet and health. They will also learn how and when to shop for food and how to store food safely. The content of the 6 weeks in each KS3 year group covers:
- Cooking skills
- Wise food shopping
- Diet and nutrition
- Safety and hygiene
Miss A. Malton
|Subject Leader of Technology Cookery Teacher|
Mrs M. Hatfield
Pupils will cook something new each week. Lessons are designed to introduce new techniques and ensure they learn how to use a variety of tools and kitchen equipment.
Pupils are expected to bring their cooking ingredients to school each week and place food in the cooking area’s fridges before parade. Pupils are given a printed version of their ingredients list a week in advance and a copy of the ingredients is always available on the academy’s website and ShowMyHomework.
Each pupil needs to have a sealed, named container in which to transport food to and from school. Some lessons will require pupils to bring in a piece of ovenware from home but this will be stated on their ingredients list.
If you have any queries regarding cookery in KS3, please contact Mrs Davison.
An Overview of the Dishes as well as detailed Recipes can be downloaded below:
- Y7 Week 1 Fruit Salad.pdf (74 KB)
- Y7 Week 2 Pizza Toast.pdf (393 KB)
- Y7 Week 3 Flapjack.pdf (390 KB)
- Y7 Week 4 Carrot Cake Muffins.pdf (98 KB)
- Y7 Week 5 Cheese Scones.pdf (244 KB)
- Y8 Week 1 Cous Cous Salad.pdf (259 KB)
- Y8 Week 2 Rock Cakes.pdf (370 KB)
- Y8 Week 3 Fruit Crumble.pdf (323 KB)
- Y8 Week 4 Pasta Bake.pdf (298 KB)
- Y8 Week 5 Thai Curry.pdf (273 KB)
- Y9 Week 1 Tomato and Basil Tart.pdf (220 KB)
- Y9 Week 2 Sweet Mini Pancakes.pdf (916 KB)
- Y9 Week 3 Ratatouille.pdf (326 KB)
- Y9 Week 4 Dutch Apple Cake.pdf (87 KB)
- Y9 Week 5 Fajitas.pdf (234 KB)